Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ugh.

So here I sit on Sunday afternoon wishing I had any motivation to do ANYTHING! I've already, bathed the dogs, brushed them, and was going to take them for a walk when all of a sudden it starts to rain. Are you kidding me?! I promised myself I will take them tonight when it isn't so hot out, and hopefully isn't raining.

I also had a major epiphany about my weight loss (well lately, my weight maintanence). As soon as I start to do well, I become very overconfident. You know what I mean, "ah, I've lost 2 pounds this week, a few french fries wont curb my loss" and then that turns into, "well I've done so well all week that I deserve a cheat day..." which then completely spirals out of control. It's a horrible pattern, and I know I do it. I just now need to find a way out of that pattern. I know you cannot deprive yourself of everything you desire or you will have a much higher rate of failure. I just need to find the happy medium between the two.

I have also come to another major realization that having someone support me will tremendously help in my weight loss, and prevent any more gain. Dustin has been working some crazy hours and having him come home at 8 p.m. completely throws off my schedule. He doesn't realize that his eating habits affect mine so much and I honestly don't know how to help him, help himself. I know he hasn't had the time to hit the gym much, if at all, lately. But if I could just have him eating better with me, that would drastically change things. I think a lot of our arguing and stupid bickering is due in part to our unhappiness with our physical selves. Not necessarily with each other, just with ourselves and our low self esteem. I know I shouldn't take that out on anyone, but it is so hard.

All in all, I am going to try to get BOTH of our diets to drastically differ and push myself towards my goal more and more each day...

Off to plan my weekly meal schedule!

ps-No weight change this week, no gain is good, but no loss is my fault...

2 comments:

  1. I am totally the same way. I lose a few pounds - think how awesome I am and that I did so well - so I deserve a treat. And then it's all downhill from there :[
    And I too get upset with Daniel because he's not eating right or exercising - and I think it's making me not do well.
    But I shouldn't get mad at him - it's not his fault. It's mine because I lack the self control. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sewed yesterday and that's it! I honestly didn't leave the house all day - just sewed, sewed, sewed. I got the top for my duvet cover done, but after all that...I felt a little worthless. It is nice to have a support system for your eating habits. It's easy to plan just for me, but then again, I'm the only person that sees what I eat so it's hard sometimes. :/

    ReplyDelete