Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why oh Why!

So I sit here at work and realize that no matter what the situation or the stress level, I eat when I'm stressed. Even if it's just a teeny tiny bit of stress, I look for the food to help me cope. Why do I do this?!

I also realized that I eat when I'm bored. I know, BIG shocker. I know I have these patterns, I'm well aware of my faults, yet, I keep falling back into the same old patterns. It's almost as if I need to pay someone to follow me around and any time I go to eat something, they need to ask me "Are you really hungry or are you just bored?" I need to work out my stress on actually working out. Walking, biking, running. ANYTHING!

GET ME OUTTA THIS PATTERN!

3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing - especially the bored eating. Put a big rubber band on your wrist. Every time (and I mean EVERY TIME) you catch yourself being bad, SNAP the rubber band on your wrist - HARD! Shock aversion therapy or something like that. Yeah. Just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try the rubber band - I am such a boredom eater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping a really big jug of ice cold water near you can help too. Anytime you get an urge to eat you could always drink some water!

    ReplyDelete